View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
I'd say this is valid in any relationship - primary, secondary, mono, poly... you need to be the centre of your own universe.

I wouldn't even make an exception for your kids, because if you aren't taking care of yourself then you can't take care of anyone else to the best of your ability. When parents push themselves beyond their limits for an extended amount of time, their mental health eventually suffers, and that can have drastic consequences on the very children you're trying to protect.
My son is pretty much the centre of my universe

Some time to be an adult would be nice though! I feel like I keep harping on the schedule thing, just dating and parenthood is challenging. I'm sure many people on this board are aware of that!

All I want is the same consideration extended my way in terms of scheduling. I don't have more than a day or two a week to offer anyone, it can be pretty intense trying to work with me to find some adult in the midst of everything.

That and a sarcastic sense of humour, reliability and accountability, a taste for a wide variety of ethnic food, 80's movies and some fun kinky stuff and I'm a happy gal