View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 07:34 PM

Oh, and as far as other people viewing your choice in disgust, so what?? Do they pay your bills? Do they help make decisions for you? No, then their opinion doesn't matter. I know that's easier said than done, but I had to learn the hard way.

Mine and my wife's first gf passed away before we were able to feel comfortable telling people about our situation. You have no idea how much I regret having to hide her, even though most people suspected. I promised myself that I would NEVER do anything like that to someone again. So, from that point forward, I was completely open and honest about my lifestyle and relationship. I was very honest with those people too, informing them that they didn't have to like, or even accept my relationship, but they needed to respect it or they could opt to not have me in their lives. Know what everyone chose? To stick around and see what this was all about.

Basic point in all this...Eff what everyone else thinks so long as everyone in your "family" is happy. Life is too short for anything else.

Live life to the fullest 'cause you never know if you're gonna wake up tomorrow!