View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
You are right sch, it is a privelege to marry and it is also, for some, to divorce. But I think anyone could separate. That to me is not a privilege.

I have been supporting my tersiary these last couple of months as his arrangement with his wife has crumbled. I see many similarities to this situation. Actually, its right down to the tee except that my tersiary now has a girlfriend and me.

For YEARS they played the "we can't afford it" card about splitting up and getting two places and now its a freakin nightmare with two kids in the middle. They should of split the house when they were still being civil to one another and not when neither could stand each other any more. To sit and say, "I can't do it" just isn't acceptable to me. There is always something to do. Even if its just a change in attitude from "I can't" to, "I will." just a start is acceptable to me, because this situation I am convinced, will self distruct. Especially that the op seems to be in a state of denial. At least that is what I get from it.
While I agree with your overall post, you gotta remember that what's not acceptable for you, may be perfectly ok with someone else. Without knowing all of the history between them, how can you say what's acceptable in her life?

I'm not trying to be a d-bag about this but I always find it tough to just sit quietly when someone seems to be forcing their views on someone else. Now, I'm fairly certain that's not what you're doing, but you are definitely coming across as "you're stupid for not doing this". I mean no disrespect, just expressing my opinion.

Live life to the fullest 'cause you never know if you're gonna wake up tomorrow!