View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudade View Post
@SC:There must be someone in the world who genuinely doesn't mind practicing monogamy or polyamory. That person sees the benefits and drawbacks of each approach, and tailors his or her active lovestyle to relevant circumstances. That mythic person (who I'm sure exists!) is a 3. And so on...
Ok, now that we're on the same page, I think I'm somewhat like that myself. Whenever I've been in monogamous relationships, I've never felt the "need" to be with other people, I've been content with my life. But when I'm "single and dating," I've preferred to keep my "options open" and I bring that attitude into new relationships when possible. I met my husband as poly, and though he had to wrap his head around it, he was accepting, and so I gratefully find my lifelong relationship to be a polyamorous one. But with what we have, if he were to have said he just couldn't do it, I think I would have been equally satisfied with only him.

So obviously I'm not a unicorn... what mythical creature does that make me?

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."