View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 01:20 AM

Default Re SC's Kinsey thoughts and questions

@SC:

Quote:
I totally don't understand what "equally monogamous and polyamorous" means. I can understand how you can be equally attracted to men and women, and therefore equally homosexual and heterosexual. But if you're monogamous, then you only want to be monogamous in your relationships. You can't be in two relationships, and then say "I'm monogamous with person A and polyamorous with person B" because as soon as you throw person B in there, the monogamy goes out the window.

Does it mean that you can be equally satisfied in either a monogamous or a polyamorous relationship? i.e. that if you're in a monogamous relationship, you don't feel like you're "missing out" and if you're in a polyamorous relationship, you don't feel as though you're "cheating" ?
In response to the second paragraph of yours I quoted, I'd say exactly! That's just what I think it means. Myself, I've realized that I can't do a monogamous relationship-- it just doesn't work for me. I'm a 6 on the poly-Kinsey scale. One of my metamours, on the other hand, has said he can be content in a monogamous relationship for someone special, but it's not his first choice. I'd call him a 4 or 5.

There must be someone in the world who genuinely doesn't mind practicing monogamy or polyamory. That person sees the benefits and drawbacks of each approach, and tailors his or her active lovestyle to relevant circumstances. That mythic person (who I'm sure exists!) is a 3. And so on...

At least, that's how I'd call it. How about you?