View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 12:21 AM

Default Like I said..

Like I said before, this entire idea of polyamory is new to me. So when I say things like I said about my feelings toward my daughter and how I wouldn't want her in a polyamorous relationship you have to take into account again my upbringing. My father is a preacher, my mother a submissive preacher's wife. I have been raised to be the head of my household and have walked a careful line in respecting women and worshipping them while still maintaining that domestic leadership. So my thinking regarding my daughter is that I know how careful I've had to be in this relationship, setting it up, talking it over, etc. There have been many long talks between my wife and I and then again between the three of us and there are so many factors that could go wrong that I don't think will so yeah, I would fear for my daughter starting a polyamorous relationship. I wouldn't want her to get into anything she couldn't handle and I wouldn't want her to take the chances that she could be neglected by either spouse or lover. Now if she called me one day and said, "I'm in a polyamorous relationship and it's awesome, everyone respects each other, etc." then I think it'd be easier for me but just like I would imagine any father to be I would be nervous about it.