View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 01:55 AM

Polyamory is a fairly new term and we are really lacking additional terms to explain ourselves and our relatioships to ourselves and others.

It is possible that this forum will come up with new terms that will be used in the future by all Poly people!! I don't see any reason why we can't try to agree on some terms and then start adding them to widepedia on the Polyamory pages.

So- here are some ideas from other areas that I've put here so we can keep things together

Posted by: Ariakas
reciprocity - A mutual or cooperative interchange of favors or privileges, especially the exchange of rights or privileges of trade between nations

posted by capricorny (I think....correct me if I'm wrong)
On: 05-14-2010 02:29 PM
I really think *multiamory* would be a much better word for the "foundationless" version of polyamory. Would give a better mental image of where it is heading. And we could easily sort between "multi" and "poly" people. I think that would be practical. Would tell a lot about the intentions and ambitions involved. If there were not such widespread agreement on the foundations of polyamory, it would be a more doubtful enterprise. But there isn't really, and most people trying to make it work also end up with about the same principles. But one size definitely doesn't fit all in "loving" non-monogamy - therefore the category multiamory in addition to "traditional" poly.