View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 05:10 PM

You wonder how what we have is different or special to me? YOU are what is different. YOU are what is special.

Let me put this in terms you MIGHT be able to understand better…you like gaming. Now, let’s say that someone made a rule that you can only play ONE game for the rest of your life. But, you like TWO games. And you like them both ALOT. For arguments sake, let’s use World of Warcraft and Runescape as examples. You start contemplating which one you could live without playing…but they are both UNIQUE. You can’t even compare them. They both make you happy in similar, yet different ways. One has better graphics and more interactivity. The other has more basic graphics, and is more of a solo-based game. One makes you rely on others to achieve your goals, while the other game puts the responsibility of achieving your goals squarely on your own shoulders and how much time and work you want to put into it. One of the games you’ve played for awhile, so you’ve gotten a lot of the achievements…that’s a lot of work to just walk away from. But they update the game every so often, so there will always be something new there for you to accomplish. You will just need to be patient and probably endure some boredom in the meantime. But the other game is NEW to you, and although you’ve accomplished a lot, there’s still so much more to do and you know that experiencing that will be a lot of fun. So, you think about it and decide that you’ll play World of Warcraft for the rest of your life. But then it occurs to you that there are days when you really don’t want to have to interact with others. So maybe Runescape would be better, because you can play that alone OR you can involve others if you so choose. Okay, this example has gone on too long. I think you might get my point. They are both different, and they both fill certain needs. One isn’t “better” than the other. And they certainly aren’t the SAME. They are both unique in their own ways, and they both fulfill certain specific needs. So, wouldn’t it be better to be able to play both instead of having to choose one and sacrifice the other?

I’m not saying that you are one of these games specifically and my BF is the other. And I wasn’t using the examples of the pros and cons as anything to apply specifically to either of you. I was just trying to help you understand that you can enjoy two things of the same “genre” and still appreciate the fact that they are unique from each other.