View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Don't agree to anything that you're not 100% comfortable with right now. It's just going to lead to a lot of heartache. Start slow with things that you know you are comfortable with and work on talking everything through. Set aside some time every day to talk about how you're feeling and give each other turns, without judgement, to honestly express how you feel. There are going to be good days and bad days but ALL feelings have to be heard and validated. Boundaries are going to change, it's just going to take time and trust. Good luck.

-Derby
Thanks for that, I think we are going to use suggestion to talk about how we are feeling everyday. After reading that I was thinking about the fact that we rarely have that talk about good days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2381 View Post
Mo,
I have a question for you. I know that it varies between situations. But considering that your husband now has a girlfriend and you two are working toward the poly life what has been the feelings toward you having boyfriend. How does he feel about that. How do you feel about that? Are you open to relationships outside your marriage? Does he feel like he could handle it if you were to do this or does it even matter because it is not an issue with you.

So basically I am wondering where you and your DH stand with this or if you have even had this discussion?
Originaly our talks were more towards bringing in a g/f for both of us. He has always encouraged me to think outside of our marriage but mostly our talks have been about just sex, not an actual relationship. So I'm not sure what his opinion of me having b/f would be. I don't know for sure if I am interested or not. I'm still trying to figure out what I am okay with and what I am holding onto from how I was raised. It's really murky water and hard to figure out. I definitaly think it is something we need to talk about more. I don't know if I am so much against a relationship outside of my mariage, as I just don't see that I would ever find someone who fits me the way he does. There was one woman who we both had feelings for and she did for us, but she's married and they have a lot of problems in their marriage, mostly due to him being in the military and never being home. So I guess I do know it's possible, just maybe not with another man? I'm just a big ball of confusion at the moment.