View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 04:26 AM

I cannot even begin to tell you how angry that makes me. I have worked with children most of my life and have several certifications in child development, child protection, noticing abuse/neglect, etc. If the children are in a healthy environment, meaning their emotional and physical needs are being met. They are loved and cared for. Allowed to express feelings and ask questions. There is NOTHING wrong with them being around a poly relationship. And it sounds to me like the family takes a lot of steps to keep the kids from any emotional trama. In my opinion, depending on the emotional maturity of the child, they should be introduced to the poly lifestyle as early as possible. It may be even more tramatic to introduce them to it in adulthood. I could go on and on about this. But it boils down to the fact that there is nothing unhealthy about love. And showing a child how amazing it is to be able to love more than one person, and allowing a child to have a family that provides so much love for them to grow in, is truly good parenting. If the day ever comes that DH and I have children, our partners will be in their lives. We won't hide it from them at all. We wouldn't hide eachother from them right? Sounds silly but it's the same thing in my eyes. Granted we will need to be in a long term healthy relationship with this person before they come into my kids lives. I do not intend for my home to be a revolving door of people my kids will never see again. But I won't hide my lifestyle any more than I would hide my husband from them.

Sorry, I'll step off my soap box now. The well being of children and the fact that closed minds get in the way of actual health and well being, really gets to me.