View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 02:17 AM

I have an idea...Let's write in a different context.

What if a rulebook existed? Paraphrase; use links to articles; and explain why it should be a rule :P Make your own rulebook, or just post a rule you would like to see hahaha.

I'm not that much of a pro seeing as how i'm still in a monogamous relationship lol, but i'll start it off super vague hahaha.

THE 5 RULES OF POLY!
The presented steps are in a hierarchy from top to bottom. Do not do skip ahead :P

1. oh snap?! you love another person, or you discover you're a hippie!!??? Figure yourself out. Take a hike, go soul searching for however long it takes until you figure that IS true and undeniable...you can like, and love more than one person. Once you do...learn SELF-CONTROL, and don't continue until you do!!!

2. Learn to communicate (click on link) with your partner. However long it takes. When you find that your partner understands you, and you understand your partner, go on to #3...

3. Tell you're partner your poly. THAT'S RIGHT, go right ahead be HONEST! "honesty? what's that? is it safe/convenient?" IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! MWHAHAHA! If you've learned to communicate, you should be able to tell your partner that you're poly and discuss the dynamics of you're future relationship. woohoo!

4. PRACTICE! That guy or girl, who've you've been all "O.M.G i want to touch and you feel you, and be wrapped/wrap myself around your EXISTENCE BECAUSE I LOVE YOU" about? Well now's the time to release that NRE and use it! well...maybe not fully. But release it(hehe) under the conditions of your new, open, and versatile relationship! yay!

5. "i feel jealous and un-loved " OH NOES! You're loved one or many of your loved ones are hurt because of jealousy. WELL, jealousy is alot like fear in that the best to deal with it is HEAD-ON! This last step is rough, and will probably takes months to YEARS...TO LIFE! but hey it'll be the most fantastic journey you'll ever go through(besides maybe having a baby, and climbing some stupid high mountain in china)
Concepts to familiarize your with are: In order...
Unconditional Love<br>
Jealousy <br>
Compersion

WOOP THERE IS IS THE 5 RULES THAT WILL LEAD TO POLY GREATNESS!
Juuuust kidding :P Anyway, that's my take. what's yours?