View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorny View Post
There you are. Foundation. Principles. To me, it is a bit of hair-splitting to insist on the principal differerence between basic principles and rules. Because if this foundation isn't in fact built upon, i.e. the principles given any power, we talk about intentions, not a foundation. And when the principles are given power, for instance I stick to communication in a situation where I might have been inclined to do something else, what then is the difference between a principle, foundation, and an (internalized) rule?

Rules come in all flavors. Some could be considered more restrictive, like the law of Moses, some more enabling, like grammar rules for communication.

And re games: Don't all forms of communication and interaction have an aspect of game to them? That your life has an aspect of game to it, doesn't make it a game. And if your life has no aspect of game to it whatsoever, I really wonder what it looks like
I moved this discussion to another thread (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showt...9205#post29205) so as to continue with the topic at hand on this thread... excuse us rpcrazy, while there was some relevance to the discussion it became evident that more could be discussed in greater detail... thanks for baring with us.