Thread: Ungrounded
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Admittedly the source of that intensity was almost solely derived from the mono/poly aspect of our relationship.

There's a lot of questions you'll probably have that I didn't have to ask myself. The wonderful thing is no matter what questions you have, you will be able to draw upon at least three people who genuinely care about you for support. Similar to the development of Redpepper and Derbylicious's relationship, we all knew each other already and had compatable energies (energy is extremely important in my opinion).

Things can develop much smoother than is often seen, especially when there is an existing friendship already. This removes the "unknown" aspect and often awkwardness of having someone join your extended relationships. Of course this does not always happen but this is the case for you...use it to your advantage..the people involved already care for you
Hi Mono,

I bet it was intense. And I mean it when I say I have gained a whole new level of admiration and respect for what you have built. Wow.

Yes, there are questions I won't need to search in myself because I know I'm poly, so thankfully that's not a factor in all this. And I can't begin to say how touched I am that you three, or rather four are reaching out and being so supportive. I'm blown away by the level of maturity, compassion, inclusion, communication and love you all have. I care for all of you just as much.

Yes, I'd say that right now I'm focusing on making sure there's a solid friendship. I just got an email from my ex asking for us to be friends and I felt so good about that. Regardless of what happens, I feel connected to the poly community over there (my ex being the perfect example) and it's extremely important to preserve that over the coming months.

Thanks!