Thread: My story...
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcrazy View Post
Lying, omission, all of it, will never work out. Truth is a part of love. And if you're not being truthful with yourself, or the people you love, you are showing them that you don't love them; because having love isn't giving it. And it isn't erasable, you can't take the offense back. You can heal wounds but there will always be scarring whether big or small. I pledged myself to show the largest amount of love to my loved ones within my ability, and grow that capacity for love as I grow older.

The courage to be truthful about who you are and what you REALLY want instead of what society, or whoever else, tells you is equally related to how mature you are.

Cheating...is about selfishness. Complete and utter lack of care for anyone else who is or even would be affected by your actions in any kind of way; selfishness. Some selfishness is fine, but cheating is one of the worst kind of offenses, worst sort of selfishness. Selfish-ness over your loved ones also shows them that you don't love them.

I didn't write this for any type of absolution, pity, reprieve or lament. I'm writing this for those of you poly newbies who are young, confused, and most likely don't know yourselves yet. For all the people who are thinking those same selfish thoughts I had mid last year. And for those of you who try and infuse the same concepts i talk about at the end of this post. See my story as an example for what not to do and what can happen when dishonesty and deceit are backings of your relationships.
Amen to this. Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcrazy View Post
As of now i'm in an 'open' relationship with my g/f(W2). She still doesn't trust me, and we're open so she doesn't have to care when i'm cheating on her, which is what she thinks. I'm not. I've completely given myself to her and am completely devoted to her. People say we won't last long...personally, I say give it time. In either case, if it falls apart I won't regret the bad and good times we've had. Knowing what I know now though, I definitely would of done it differently.

May all of your lives and relationships be blessed with success. thanks for reading.

-namaste
For this part, all I have to say is give it time. Continue to stay patient with her. She is hurting. She believes in you enough to stick it out. But you now have to go at this at her pace. We all do it differently. I was in your gf's shoes. You'd have to read my blog over in Life Stories and Blogs - Blog of the Mono Wife. And all stories turn out differently. I hope yours has a happy ending. Good Luck.
If your gf needs a mono to talk to I am willing to help and I am no the only one on here.