View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
There is some truth in what will be will be.

Also-when we worry about the future-we bring negativity into our life unnecessarily-I know-it's easy to do, hard not to.

But it is better to not worry until you know that there is cause for worry.

in terms of getting the care you need-if she is prego, immerse yourself in it. You will find that if you are her primary helper-you will feel more involved and less needy.

Our youngest is biologically mine and my boyfriend's child. My husband was at my side every minute and totally involved. Believe me you-that helps A LOT.

Also-it's a well documented truth that when we are busy helping another person in a way that makes us feel needed and appreciated, we tend to feel more satisfied and happy.
I think there's a lot of wisdom in what LR says here.
Life throws stuff at us many times that are not exactly what we planned for.
How it all shakes out depends a lot on our attitude. Emphasizing the positive, realizing that everyone (all the existing kids and partners) is part of this decision and will be effected, and trying to make it an experience for everyone to pull together is a possibility.

Sure there's going to be fears and uncertainties. But isn't that life anyway? Sometimes "what will be" is what we make it

GS