View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 03:07 AM

I can so relate to your post! There have been times when I have spent incredible amounts of time trying to communicate with a partner in an effort to better understand the relationship. We did a LOT of written communication like you are doing. My life has changed, though and I have come to believe that this is the least effective way to work out understanding and to deal with conflict. This is what I would suggest, because it works for me. When developing a new relationship (one on one or with a couple or a group- doesn't matter), I find it counterproductive to do too much analysis. I find it's better to simply begin to spend time together having fun and enjoying each other. Seeing how much compatiblity and chemistry is there. Bring a camera and take photos of everyone smiling. Create memories. Chemistry, and happy memories of good times together....these things go a long way in giving strength to a relationship when the time comes for communication and dealing with conflict. Good luck, and hope to hear more !!!
The key to life is in being fully engaged and peacefully detached simultaneously and authentically in each moment.