View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningglory629 View Post
Good for you DS...although this isn't really a darkside for you if you were open about it from the getgo! Anyway, from what I gather this post is just about you finding a place to find some counsel while you are waiting for your wife to have the capacity to revisit poly. You have stated you were clear that you wanted a poly family situation.

1. Why did you not establish other relationships before the children?
2. Interest or curiosity are completely different than embracing a lifestyle, are you sure you weren't confusing the two when you discussed the idea of a poly family in the beginning of your relationship?
3. Did you talk about it more than once? ( I know this sounds sarcastic but it is not, sometimes the fellas think one discussion= decision...NOT!)
4. Are you hoping to start a relationship with someone soon and don't know how to tell your wife of this interest because of her pregnancy and other stressors?

This is a good forum (SUPER-opinionated people) with lots of different perspectives and approaches. I am sure you will find the resources you need. I wish you the best in your search and hope you can both enjoy your lives...unhappy anyone is not a good thing. Hope is alive here.
1.) I was looking (not to seriously though) as she wanted/needed time to adjust to the idea. which never really happened.

2.)Curious, yes Interested, yes. confused definatly not. I want a poly family if it is a open V and not a full triad like was discussed in the beginning.

3.) We have had many discussions fortuanatly there is no lack of comunication between us.

4.)I wish. No I am looking to reopen the disscussions around this subject at some point again. but am looking for council as to posible ways of doing it and ways of maybe making myself "understood" better than i did the previous time this was up for discussion.