View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 03:53 PM

I understand having problems you're embarrassed about. It takes a lot of courage to stand up and say that you do have that problem. But it's extremely important that you *do* stand up, that *someone* stands up, so that other people don't have to go through the same pain that you have. You have nothing to be ashamed of, and you could help other people see that. We, as a society, have a tendency to blame the victim, and the only way to stop that is to stop blaming ourselves.

You are the only one who can decide how much you can take. I try very hard to be brave enough to tell people about what's wrong with me on the off chance that it might help them, but honestly sometimes I'm too scared. If you can't stand the embarrassment, that's up to you. But I'm begging you to think about it before you decide to hide. Your story could help someone else, maybe someone you would never suspect of needing help, and you could help change the way people think about ED. Little things sometimes have profound effects.