View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 11:00 PM

I always find it semi-amusing, in the sarcastic sense, when people make up facts but don't tell their sources, for instance the abortion rates of poly vs. mono people. But considering the author of the original article, I can't be too surprised.

My one question though revolves around his use of this statement, "polymorphous serial polygamy, or “polyamory” for short." I swear he just threw some words together!

polymorphous: "The occurrence of different forms, stages, or types in individual organisms or in organisms of the same species, independent of sexual variations" and "having, taking, or passing through many different forms or stages"

polygamy: "the practice of having more than one wife or husband at the same time"

Dude needs to do his research when he's throwing words and concepts before making this crap up. Basically it looks like he's saying polyamory is continually changing multi-person marriages.

But as I said, I'm not too surprised. As Ariakas said, anything different will have people who hate (read "fear") it. And when trying to prove their point, will separate and ignore any positive aspects of that different thing.