View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 08:10 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
I've always noticed that many people (according to some statistics well over 50%) cheat on their spouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
If everyone would be upfront enough to just bite the bullet and admit they have feelings for other people (I know most persons do), instead of hiding and saying their partner is the one and only, polyamory would become universal.
this was the reason i started up another thread about polyamory and affairs.... i wondered if you were poly if it was still possible to cheat or have an affair seeing as how you are openly acknowledging you can and will fall in love with more then one person at the same time... and yes, i found it was possible. but again, it all boils down to being honest to admit you have feelings and communicating with your significant other.... and even in poly relationships that does not always happen.
i dont think poly itself lessens the chance of affairs or cheating...

but i think that i see whet you are saying Olivier... so perhaps it not that affairs or cheating do not happen in poly but rather that is just that ,oddly enough, polyamory tends to encourage the high value and necessity of honesty, integrity, and communication in relationships more so then the society driven monogamy. does that make sense?

Last edited by NeonKaos; 04-25-2010 at 02:23 AM.