View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerndreams View Post
I'm not really sure as to the commonalities. I've ordered a few books and I'm hoping that they will help a bit. emailing may just be the best course of action. That way I can make sure that my questions are as clear as possible. thanks
I think that's a very good suggestion. You asked several questions clearly here on the board, so I'm guessing you'll be able to ask questions clearly in email without getting all tangled up inside when wrassling with feelings.

I can sit here and point out that it's not really much different than asking about where to go to dinner and that won't necessarily help you; I've been doing it for some time, so it's routine for me and a completely different experience. The first time (for most anything) almost always feels kinda scary, though I can promise that repetition will quickly reduce the stress levels associated with asking questions.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.