View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreHere View Post
Ry, I hope you got to see the National Zoo while you were in DC... I always find it amazing that you're just driving or walking down a normal city street, when BOOM. There's a rather large zoo sort of plopped in the middle there. Like a zoo TARDIS, bigger on the inside.
Like! MrS visits zoos at every opportunity - I was in DC for some training a few years ago and he spent two DAYS at the National Zoo...in February...and could have gone for more.

Quote:
...So, I'm not IN the mono world anymore. I'm not in the poly world because, well... I'm not poly. So I stand here, straddling the line with one foot in each world, not belonging in either. Go ahead and tell me how well supported I am, again.
Reminds me of people's responses when I tell that about my experiences with the LGBT community. Because, although I have ID'd as bisexual for 20 years, it doesn't "count" because I am married...TO A MAN - therefore, because I can "pass", I don't need any support. (And I'm not really "bi" etc.)

Quote:
This is why I've carved out a spot here; I haven't been driven away yet ( ), and honestly, I really REALLY enjoy gaining perspective from all of you here. And no, I have NOT received judgment from any of you for being brainwashed (ugh), controlling or whatnot, and I appreciate that (although I've been asked some good questions that make me think a bit... thinking is a good thing, though ).
I'm glad that you feel un-judged here. I really enjoy reading your perspective and hearing about your journey. Makes me look at MrS's perspective in a different way. He doesn't ID as mono precisely, but has no interest in ACTIVELY looking for relationships (although is open to the idea if they should happen) and I have been his only partner in the last 20+ years...nothing more than "flirty friendships" and the occasional three/four-some (instigated by me)...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here!

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi married female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe