View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 10:59 PM

SOME people think that if you are "naturally poly" or a "veteran poly" that it should be easier for you. I think it's a crock of shit.

I told Maca yesterday that it's not EASIER emotionally, it's EASIER to make yourself do what you have to do if you are DISCIPLINED in your training of yourself.

Like running-the RUNNING itself may or may not be EASIER after 6 months of doing it daily.
BUT making yourself get out of bed and do it is easier-because you have gained discipline in your behavior. You may still feel like "FUCK THIS I DON'T WANT TO RUN RIGHT NOW" but you make yourself get up and do it-the MAKING yourself part is easier after you've been disciplined in doing so for some time.

The same is true for me in DEALING with my feelings of jealousy etc. I still FEEL them just as intensely-but I find it easier to deal with them in the way I have outlined as appropriate-because I've been disciplined in making myself do so for years......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I have the same response..perhaps because I have been in the military for 20 years. It's not so bad when people consider others leaders through their actions, but when someone refers to themselves as a leader I just want to give them the big "fuck you".
YES! I concur.
And personally I'd rather share my experiences "in case some pertain to you" than tell you what to do because I am experienced and therefore "I know"....

Sure I know what worked FOR ME-but that doesn't mean it will work for anyone else!

Last edited by NeonKaos; 04-22-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: merge posts