View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
But maybe not? I'm too young to have experience with that Maybe all people grow at different rates but eventually end up at pretty much the same place? They do say that people become more conservative with age, for example.
I think age is creating our differing veiwpoints. I am 52 years old (maybe more than twice your age). I was pretty much the same in my 20's.... not much changing going on. But, I started changing a lot in my 30's. (I was in a monogamous lesbian relastionnship during that time.) I also went to a lot of therapy and did an incredible amount of group therapy and recovery work during that period of my life. I left my lesbian lifestyle at the age of 40, and that is when I began to accumulate my current group of male lovers. Didn't know that was what I was doing at the time. I thought I was looking for "the one" and only got involved with people who had a similar level of consciousness......people who were honest and that I had a great deal of respect for. The trust developed in time, and an incredible amount of love and attachment.....but, looking back...... it was the monogamy that eventually broke us up.... It was the realization that "the one" isn't real for me.