View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 08:33 PM

Hi! I'm Amanda. I'm 27 and have been married to my husband Jonathan for 6 years. We realized that poly was for us a few months ago when I confessed to my husband that I was in love with my close friend, M. Telling him started a long discussion about his feelings for me (still madly in love), his feelings for her (huge crush), and what would happen if we moved forward with the situation. She lives a few states away so we invited her to spend the weekend, it was wonderful. We had so much fun together, even though we never discussed it, the 3 of us cuddled all night. However when things started to get physical I stopped it. M had a bit to drink and I didn't want to take advantage of her. I let her go home without ever talking about the sparks that were flying, and I regret it. That night her boyfriend (a world-class jerk) decided that he was moving in with her, and that he doesn't want her coming to visit anymore or seeing much of us at all.

The feelings of that night, even though it didn't work out with M, made us realize that we want to try and expand our family. We do have 2 young sons so I think that complicates things a lot!