View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklepop View Post
I could really use a second opinion on this. Do any of you use the withdrawal method? Where is the line here between personal choice about our own bodies and taking risks that could be life changing for our partners? Given GF's low fertility, am I overreacting here? Have you discussed what you would do if an accidental pregnancy happened? Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated.
I had a very close friend who did the withdrawal method along with all the tracking necessary to predict fertile times and all that... She is the most organized person I know, and she still ended up pregnant. Watching her go through the process of a miscarriage after that was one of the hardest things I've ever done, and I am very glad to say she now has an IUD.

There is no line - she can do what she wants. The line is in the relationship. What can you handle? Are you okay risking STI exposure, pregnancy, and general disregard for your agreements? If not, there's YOUR personal line.

I have had discussions about what I would do if I got pregnant. I have unprotected sex with both Hubby and Boy. Hubby would be happy to have a baby with me at any time if I wanted it. While he doesn't feel "ready" or the need to TRY to conceive, he knows we would be good parents and could make it work if my hormonal birth control fails. Boy isn't sure if he wants kids. I know he wouldn't want to have kids in the non-relationship that we're in. However, if I got pregnant, he knows I'd keep the baby and he has stated he would definitely want to have a paternity test so that if he is the bio dad he can do the dad stuff with the kid. It may not be his preference, but he wouldn't find it earth-shattering. He says he'd be happy once the shock wore off. I wouldn't have unprotected sex with someone who didn't feel that way. I could never get an abortion, so if someone can impregnate me, they need to be prepared to be a parent if it happens.