View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeraReed View Post
Hi Mags,

It sounds like you are dealing better with things now? Hope so. I've been meaning to post for a while but haven't had time. I have a few more thoughts that I may add later.
Thanks, Meera. Yes, things are better around here, despite yet another (minor) flood. The shower diverter had gone bad and water was leaking from there down into our newly carpeted basement. But a plumber fixed it. No damage to the new carpet, just some warping on one of the laundry room cabinets.

My back has been mostly behaving. It did go slightly out last week, but I now have a manoeuvre the osteo taught me that pops my hip back into the right place.

My newly married daughter still seems to be on an even keel.

So, the only real problem right now is waiting for Ginger's bits to heal. And adjusting to him having Carla in his life.

Quote:
Mostly I just wanted to say that my dad had the same operation as Ginger last year. It really cured some of the issues he'd been having. After the operation, he had some bleeding for a while (maybe a full month?) and got better slowly. But overall, the operation was a really good thing for him.

Best wishes!
Thanks! That is great to hear!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

me: Mags, female, pansexual, 59, loving and living with
miss pixi, female, pansexual, 37
We are both open to dating, but no serious other partners at the moment