View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 02:59 AM

It seems this thread may have been necro'd by a spammmer...BUT MrS has Bipolar II (or at least cyclothymia), I have GAD, Dude may have undiagnosed MDD, Lotus had a history of MDD with SI ... and I won't even get into possible Personality Disorders...

To be fair I ID'd as poly before my GAD surfaced so I don't credit my diagnosis as being instrumental in my ability to love more that one...

One thing I have noted, in my years of clinical experience, is that, if you add up all the numbers (1 in 20 have this, 1 in 15 have that, etc.) then MOST people carry SOME diagnosis or another. (...or some people have the majority of diangnosis ... and are REALLY crazy...)

Regardless, not everyone that can claim a diagnosis requires psychopharmacology, and meds don't work for everyone (I am, however, of the opinion that NO ONE's life is so perfect that therapy is of no use). BUT, I would encourage anyone who feels that they are not coping with their current situation to pursue therapy/treatment.
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe

Last edited by JaneQSmythe; 05-26-2014 at 01:15 PM.