View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1npt View Post
Semantics here.....my comment about being bi-polar was directed at XYZ not you Stargazer. Please read all thru the posts. If it wasn't clear I'm sorry.
It wasn't clear, I reread the post and thread to be sure, and realized you weren't talking to me so I edited that out.

Quote:
Regarding "asexuality", my definition is someone who doesn't want sex.
An asexual is a person who doesn't experience sexual attraction. "Want" is a very vague thing. You can want to please your partner and fulfill their needs within a relationship can result in wanting to have sex with your partner for that sake. An asexual can want to have sex under certain circumstances, but they don't experience sexual attraction. That is the difference.

Quote:
It is the deepest expression of love there is.
It can be a very deep expression of love between two people who see sex as an expression of love and are in love, I won't debate that. It can also be an expression of "I'm horny, lonely, and desperate. You'll do".

Cuddling on the couch while watching a movie you both love, or a movie you both hate but love taking the piss out of, is a much deeper expression of love for many asexuals.

Also, expressions of love aren't love. It helps remind you of the love, that your partner loves you and how much you love htem, but it isn't love itself. Poly love is about love not the expressions thereof, because different people have different ways of expressing love and different needs in terms of what expressions make them feel loved.
The lack of emotional security of our American young people is due, I believe, to their isolation from the larger family unit. No two people - no mere father and mother - as I have often said, are enough to provide emotional security for a child. He needs to feel himself one in a world of kinfolk, persons of variety in age and temperament, and yet allied to himself by an indissoluble bond which he cannot break if he could, for nature has welded him into it before he was born.