View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 07:59 PM

I agree with NYCindie! Punk is my FWB/lover/lover-friend (I tend to use those interchangeably), but that more describes the level of life-sharing than the amount of love involved. I would never say I don't have a relationship with Punk, it's just different than my relationship with Moonlight.

Just because that relationship is less intertwined does not mean that it is at all casual.

The way I use those terms, one-night-stands and fuck buddies would not be considered relationships for me because the contact is typically too brief for me to build a relationship, but I wouldn't presume to know how other people feel or use those labels. Maybe they love their fuck buddy!

I guess I don't understand the difference between boyfriend/girlfriend and "steady" boyfriend/girlfriend. Going steady makes me think of high school in the 50's, or getting pinned.

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy, ultimately amicable breakup), and his 10-year-old son Kiddo