View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 03:22 AM

Default I think the answer is VERY clear!

Of course I am very new to polyamory but in my understanding of polyamory, isn't it about love in the agape sense? For all concerned? Whole, true love? How is this created when one partner disregaurds or is unconcerned with the others feelings? Might as well be monogomous and have affairs!! How is it possible to develope compersion? (I believe compersion is developed, not innate. At least not in these circumstances.)

Would not the new relationship have an even greater sense of wholeness with the blessing/blessings of the other partners?

To me this makes no sense. With that being said, something I have noticed or a better term may be "sense" in the poly community is there IS a divide! I've explored hundreds of "groups", read articles etc and have come to the conclusion that there are those that are swingers under the cover of a polyamorous lifestyle/rationale. They are not all about love but sex is the primary goal. This is my opinion... my sense of things. I'm sticking with it, my perspicaciousness has never failed me. I could go on to explore further but I refrain due to lack of refined poly literary skill.

One more thing... the Bible, while I'm aware not all here are christians, has what I consider the PERFECT definition of love. I've meditated on this many many times... and frankly it is part of the reason, along with my relationship with Jesus, that I've been able come to terms with myself, reconcile my faith and desired "lifestyle" and the great love I have inside me and the need/desire to express it.

1 Corinthians 13

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails.

So taking in this verse and considering the debate... which is better way to practice polyamory? I think the answer is VERY clear!

Last edited by Justbeloving; 04-16-2010 at 03:25 AM.