View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Ok I'm playing devil's advocate here but doesn't it depend on WHY there is discomfort and pain? Sometimes things just get brought to the surface when there is a new relationship starting up. If the root cause isn't the new relationship it's self but rather another issue that has just been magnified is it still worth not pursuing the new relationship? Personally I'm finding it pretty beneficial to be working through crap that I've put on the back burner for years. It's not comfortable but I think I'd rather be doing it than ignoring it.
I guess it depends on what you want from a relationship. If you want an open one then it makes sense to be motivated to explore that. If you aren't then it doesn't to me. So, if you are in a relationship where one partner wants to be open and one doesn't then you both have to find a way to cope in a healthy manner that is sustainable. That does not imply that the partner who doesn't want an open relationship will ever embrace or encourage the idea of openness but it does imply that they may have to find a way to manage the emotions of being with someone who does. As long as they are healthy and the pleasure out ways the pain then it is good for both IMO.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over