View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 01:43 AM

Well, for one thing, I am probably triggered back to the memory of when my ex h and I opened our marriage and he and our unicorn fell for each other....

I've had 33 years of mono life, preceded by mono programming from our culture, so needing/desiring 4 or 5 partners just seems excessive and greedy to me, I guess.

I only want 2 partners. 3 partners seems OK. I just can't relate to this need for more and more. I guess it's a hobby for him. I feel like he is stretched too thin with a 4th or 5th woman.

I guess when I first met him he got the idea I was like him, and would remain a power dater (tho he doesn't like that term). But I had had my fun from 2009-2012, sowed plenty of wild oats, and figured I could feel plenty of satisfaction in the poly, queer and kinky department with just him and miss p.

And I didn't expect this dating pattern! Before me he had one mono gf for a year. Before her, a couple women he saw on and off, kind of casually, for like 5 years.

Next thing is, I guess you could call him an alpha male, even though he is gender queer, mild mannered and kind of dorky sometimes. My ex h was low self esteem beta type. So, I was drawn to the opposite, which is more of a challenge, but something I was seeking. I just didn't expect it to be this hard. I didn't expect to be dating Hugh Hefner.

Mick Jagger's longtime gf L'Wren Scott killed herself recently.

miss p has only dated 4 men in the 5 years we've been together, including SubbyBoy, who is current but they mostly just IM, have only met twice, and her new Master, who she's known a couple months.

So, she's only dated 1/5 as often as he has in the past year.

Speaking of miss p, she finds this constant dating of Ginger's kind of exasperating too. I dunno, it almost makes him seem shallow, and almost a NRE junky. Though he claims to dislike NRE, he still seems to be in it a lot!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags, F, 60, poly-dating, loving and living with
miss pixi, F, 38
Punk, 41, M
Old Friend, gender fluid
Nick, 35, M (occasional lover)
Hippie, 25 (?)
Dark Wing, 45 (?)

Last edited by Magdlyn; 04-27-2014 at 01:46 AM.