View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 11:29 PM

Copied from another thread to keep from derailing that thread...hope the mods don't mind the semi-double post.

sucky, sucky and more sucky. I found out this afternoon that I do indeed have Gestational Diabetes to go with my high blood pressure which could eventually turn into preclampsia (again). I didn't have the GD last time, just the preclampsia. So now I have to start going to a new dr. and find out if I have to do insulin or if diet will be enough. To top it off, Cajun is on a plane right now to NC for work and won't be back until late tomorrow night (maybe not even early Friday morning depending on flight delays and crap). My first apt and class is Friday and in order for him to go, which I know when I do get to tell him tonight he will want to go to, means he would have to take basically the entire day off of work and I don't think he'll be able to do that easily. Right now I just wish I had my wonderful supportive Cajun to hold me and tell me everything will be ok. I'm not too worried, but this really is not a good thing. Not only is baby and I at higher risk then before, but now I am also at a higher risk of developing full blown diabetes later and I really don't want to have to deal with that. I like my Mommy Dew!!! and the diet and sugar free stuff sucks beyond belief!