View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ123 View Post
Thank you for posting. You summed up nicely alot (if not all) of what I've been feeling. You inspired me to finally come out of the shadows and join the forum. I hope you find what you are looking for.
I'm glad it helped some. I hope you find what you're looking for as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1npt View Post
There are two and only two basic reasons for asexuality. Physical problems, (low hormone values /low sex drive) and emotional issues (like incest from childhood or mental illness).
I have neither of those. Physcally I'm healthy, I have a fine sex drive and when I took something to increase my sex drive- it didn't do a damn thing to my orientation. Emotionally I'm also healthy, with no incidents of incest or other traumatic experiences that could have effected my asexuality. I was sexually abused, but I knew I was asexual long before that happened and, again, it didn't effect my orientation.

What are the two basic reasons of heterosexuality? I'm curious to hear what you feel causes other sexual orientations.

Quote:
I find it very odd and strange that there could be such things as "asexual poly lovers".....by definition if they are lovers and having sex they're not asexual.
I don't have "lovers". I have partners- people who I'm in a close, romantic relationship with, people who I love and care about a great deal. Some might choose the word lovers for their relationships, but I prefer partner.

Last I checked- polyamory was loving many, not fucking many.

Also- asexual doesn't mean "doesn't have sex". There are a lot of asexuals who have sex to make their sexual partner happy.
The lack of emotional security of our American young people is due, I believe, to their isolation from the larger family unit. No two people - no mere father and mother - as I have often said, are enough to provide emotional security for a child. He needs to feel himself one in a world of kinfolk, persons of variety in age and temperament, and yet allied to himself by an indissoluble bond which he cannot break if he could, for nature has welded him into it before he was born.