Thread: Sailing Solo
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 04:02 PM

Prof couldn't make it Wednesday, no surprise really. He is back in town for the weekend. I have offered to make him dinner, he said he has been eating take-away or restaurant food every night. I know he enjoys a home cooked meal.
I have been cooking for everyone this week. I have the time to think about recipes and make special trips to the shops to pick up ingredients. Last night the kids and I made cupcakes and I made a batch of snickerdoodles for Joe. I hate butter cookies so was expecting them to be similar , but was pleasantly surprised. I am making some things for lunch on Monday with the girls, then back to whining and moaning every time I set foot in the kitchen.
I saw Joe and Minijoe on Wednesday night. Minijoe made me mac and cheese for dinner.
Joe asked if I want to do a kid trip on Saturday, so we are going to a state park with caves and there may be some bats. My 2 are excited. We did the same hike a few years ago, or was it this time last year? and I ended up carrying the little one the last mile or so back to the car after a little fall. Hopefully we will all make it under our own steam.
This is what I wanted from a relationship, someone to do this type of thing with. Pick a destination and go do it. I have lots of things we can do. yes, we can an do go by ourselves but it is just more fun with someone else and an extra pairs of eyes!
I really need to try and round up some camping gear. I have all sorts of offers of bits and pieces but never actually get my hands on them. It would be fun to try and do some camping with Roomie and his 2.