View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polybynature View Post
I guess this seems harsh but true....but I'm not ready to walk away either. I contemplating fading into a friendship....my sexual attraction is gone for the moment and that makes me sad.

I suppose, if one wants to stay on as a houseboy to reap the benefits of long term friendship (and for you, you have a child so that's much different) that is ones decision. Its just likely that people that get very close may not want to watch it. (that's more a comment on hi mthan you Smiles)
I know where you're coming from. There are many divorced women in our town home community who know the both of us... A few of them asked me how I put up with her attitude... One told me to "man up". Another says the same thing as you.... She actually said " I hate to watch your wife walk all over you". They won't stop being a friend, however they understand I stay for my daughter...I don't believe any of them are interested in anything romantic...They just say I should move on to a woman who will treat me better...

So after my wife being a SAHM for 10 years, she is back at work... Our daughter is in 4th grade and for the past 5 years or so, I've been encouraging her to take some classes to better herself... She never did... Now she has a $17,000 year income... She should be earning way more than that...

I feel that she is my responsibility...it's still a long way off until our daughter moves out...

Our open marriage is just the start of my departure...I am not in a big hurry, I am just developing female friends... I still don't have a clue if any are attracted to me. I am kind of a nerd in that department...