View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by WhatHappened View Post
I also vote for blocking her and telling them why. I don't think there's anything at all wrong with not wanting to know too much about someone's private life. And I personally would be kind of creeped out if a boyfriend of mine were having such a discussion with my 21 year old daughter and dropping hints about what he and I do. Kids typically don't want to know these things about their parents.

How does Choplet feel about her saying these things? Any idea?
I don't know, although his status seems to have disappeared. Not sure if he felt weird about it, she felt weird about it (and asked him to remove it), or what. I agree with you, though - if the genders were reversed, that would be HELLA creepy.

That's part of why I felt the trepidation I did when talking to Chops about it last night. I just feel it's extremely inappropriate to make sexual innuendo to your partner's child (21 or not), regardless of whether or not he threw down the gauntlet by making a comment like "that's dad's job - lol". I didn't want to come across as judgmental, and get Chops riled up as a result, but I AM being judgmental about it, and he was still a good, sympathetic listener, so yay that. I guess.

At any rate, with the status gone, Chops doesn't get to ascertain for himself whether or not he felt it was appropriate. It's still going to get talked about, though. I won't block her until I talk about it with her, but I've already "unfollowed" her. Onward and upward, I guess.
Dramatis personae:
Me: Mono. Divorced, two kids (DanceGirl, 14; and PokéGirl, 12), two cats, one house, many projects.
Chops: My partner. Poly. In relationships with me, Xena, and Noa.
Xena: Poly. In a relationship with Chops. Dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In a relationship with Chops.

External blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk