Thread: Polysaturation?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
Ooo good point. I never thought of it that way, but I'm the same way. I get bored very quickly on the phone. Gralson and I speak daily when he's on the road, but usually it's me blathering on about nothing for 5 minutes until I've described everything I did that day, and then it's dead silence while neither of us can think of anything to say, until one of us puts us both out of our misery.

Auto and I send little update texts every now and then, usually if something interesting or annoying happens. We never talk on the phone. We have our best conversations in person.
I'm also terrible with the phone. Not a fan of texting either. However, I LOVE emails. My triad with A and L (as well as my previous one-on-one relationship with A) thrives on emailing. We don't talk on the phone or do real-time chat. We all express ourselves best when we have time to organize our thoughts.

When I was long-distance with G, we used emails first, and then primarily used IM (sometimes video chat). I'm okay with IM, but I have to be very close to the person. I'd be totally comfortable chatting with A and L, but we're all pretty content with emails.

Of course, face-to-face would be ideal. But if that's not possible, I can be pretty happy with emailing and/or chatting, but definitely not phone.