View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 09:54 PM

My partner is more of the polysexual type...though that's really because no one keeps her interest for very long besides me. In the past, I've had one of M's metas over to my house. I puttered around while they basically came inside for 5 minutes to get something. We crossed paths and it was honestly quite funny. He looked at me dead in the eyes...but with this "Are you sure it's cool that I'm schtooping your girl?" look. I just smiled politely, offered a hand and said "Nice to meet you." They kind of fell out of touch though he tried to send her a booty call a few weeks back and she wasn't having it.She is interested in more than just sex with new friends, but that's all it's been for since we've dated until recently.

I say recently because she just went on a date with a girl (new development though she's always identified herself as queer) who has the potential to last much longer. Amy (changing the names to protect the innocent) is a lawyer like me. Enjoys fashion, like M and I do...and seems really fun and intelligent. I could see us all hanging out for sure. At some point. Right now their relationship is too new and it would just be awkward. Amy is fully lesbian and I want to respect that. M's made jokes about watching them make out if it comes to that. I don't want her to think I'm just some hornball idiot looking for a unicorn.

I'm a very affectionate person and I don't plan on dialing that back if I do hang out with metas. I don't want to come off as territorial, but I don't care to compromise the nature of our existing relationship either. It's all theoretical for now.
Me - male, 42, poly, straight, in a serious relationship with Audrey, also casually dating.

Audrey - female, 20, poly, pansexual, also casually dating.