View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 05:52 PM

Vanquish - I find the term breeder offensive as a whole and always have as it implies that anyone who believes in procreation is intent on overpopulating the world. I am married, have exactly 1 child and would never bring another child into this world because I just can't support another, financially, emotionally, etc. I have been poly my entire life, but I have to admit that I just don't get the idea of not wanting to live in a family at all. I'm not talking nuclear family, but a family of friends and blood relations, lovers; a family of kindred spirits. Human beings are pack animals by nature, that is why we form bonds and why babies fail to thrive when deprived of that bond. Sure, not all of those connections need to get along with each other (siblings rarely get along all the time), but it is helpful when their personalities do not clash to the point of causing me undo stress or make me feel the need to be false with myself and others to please someone.

I have not read any of the author's previous work and I don't necessarily agree with his conclusions, but I thought it was some interesting food for though, even if he himself admitted in his comments that he got carried away with the metaphor.