Thread: Mono Vs. Poly
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyinPractice View Post
I usually interpret polyamory to mean romantic love. Friendship is a form of love, but then isn't everyone poly? Monogamous couples have friends, too.

Also, I'm not saying you have to change your opinion, but what IS the difference between casual sex and sex with a close friend? Can't you have a casual relationship with a friend involving sex?
I don't know if you ever read my thread "Dispensable" but I feel that is an example of me and Frank going from a casual relationship with (someone who became) a friend involving sex, to me now having casual sex with a friend. Our friendship may deepen, but it isn't going to climb the relationship escalator to a place where I would consider us boyfriend and girlfriend, although we will more than likely always have a sexual relationship too. We are Friends with benefits.

In the past, I've had fuck buddies. We didn't have or try to develop a friendship. We just had sex. Yes we would talk, laugh and exchange pleasantries but it was surface stuff, the relationship was only sexually focused. Remove the sex and there would be nothing left.

Last edited by london; 03-16-2014 at 12:48 PM.