View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 02:51 AM

Default Truth & Consequences

Hi there. I am Elemental. 44yr old male, straight, recently separated, getting divorced in June. I live in a small cottage community next to a beautiful lake, just outside of a smallish city in the Pacific Northwest. Iíve been in traditional & non-traditional relationships for the past 25 years. I am starting this blog as a cathartic exercise, because I feel it is time to write, to tell my story. To represent my truth as I see it, the good the bad and the ugly. I will be looking at myself, my life, the lives and relationships of my past, present and hopes for the future. I am trying to make sense of the breakdown of my second marriage, and the emotional fallout from that. Iím not here to be dogmatic, or play the blame game. I want to be as objective as I can, because that seems to be the only way to learn from ones mistakes. I feel that truth is subjective; we all have our version of it. Events are experienced and recollected differently depending on perspective and personal investment. One personís mild annoyance is anotherís catastrophic event. My event that I will be focusing on is the breakdown of my marriage, and the roll poly had in that, the issues having multiple partners brought up in me and my primary partner. I am not looking for feedback, or suggestions, support or help, but feel free to post if what I have to say moves you too. I am open to dialogue and clarification. Iíll also be talking about my current life, dating, and being a non-monogamous man and the people with whom I choose to share my life with. Enjoy the ride with meÖ