View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 03:30 PM

An amazing development.

Last night, M told me she believed I was her soulmate. You gotta understand, this is someone that gets nervous at even calling anything a relationship. Someone who has professed to be poly to the core and had a major breakup 6 months ago. To be fair, I myself, got divorced about 8 months ago.

She'd gone on a trip with her mother and brother to watch her brother play guitar and sing at a folk/blues club and had a night out. I myself was actually on a date with a new person who was interesting but not a real spark. M and I texted each other sporadically throughout the night, but about 1:20 in the morning, I get a text saying "Can you get me some wine? I'm sad tonight." I did just that and got home right before she did.

Instantly she cuddled me and got close. We usually have a DD/lg dynamic, but she needed some adult attention this time. We hugged for a long time, watched a movie, talked about her new idea to start sculpting...and really just talked. She had her wine. Not a lot really. Sitting to my right on the couch she looked up at me with her big doe eyes and said, "I think you're my soulmate." *BOOM* I melted.

She wasn't asking for anything or needing anything other than love. And I responded that I felt the same way because I do.

I don't think this will change our status as poly by any means. I can't say that my mono brain wouldn't enjoy that just a little, but I'm learning to adjusting and doing better every time.

Getting my hopes up that this means exactly what I want or need it to mean isn't smart. But I did ask her this morning, before I left for work, if she remembered what she'd said. She said yes. I asked her if she still meant it, and she said yes.

Audrey - female, 20, poly, pansexual, also casually dating.