View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 03:45 PM

I have simplified a lot of things and glossed over a lot of details for the purpose of giving an overview of our story, things that I will probably go into more detail about at a later time... including the transition that led her to live with us, something that was neither fast nor without complications. As I fill in the holes and blanks, other things should become more clear.

Our relationship didn't start out with the intention of ever forming a triad. There was a very long period of discovery that started long before that point and is still continuing to this day. I like to think of it as an onion... every layer that we peel away leads to more information and a more complete understanding of each other but there is another layer beneath that, and beneath that one, and so on.

The good thing is that we have always been very free with information. The three of us can talk for hours and hours and never get bored. It was that way even back when Freckles and I were having our twice or thrice weekly dinners together. That was how the information came out that led me to believe this kind of relationship was even possible. She had asked me how it is that my wife was so okay with me having close female friends. I had already known by that point she was bi, and very open to alternative sexual lifestyles. That was enough for me to risk full disclosure and explain where I was coming from with that. That talk was probably the catalyst that started us down the road to where we are today.

We never went on a unicorn hunt, our unicorn just basically tripped over us.