View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 06:53 PM

Default A few more gems in my OKCupid Inbox...

I just deleted and blocked three one-word messages I got in a row - each of them just said "Hello." They were all from guys who were from 10 - 30% matches. Waste of time and energy.

Then another 30% match send this:
"Good morning. Interested in chatting and getting to know each other?​"
Umm, no, why should I?

A 54% match wrote:
"Hi

You look Stunning , graceful and impressive .

Trust me , your expressions would leave imprints on any reasonable mind. HA HA HA"
Ha ha ha, BLOCK!

Another genius sent:
"Hi,can i get to know you?
Micheal."
Please note that he spelled Michael wrong.

But the Copy Pasta Award goes to this one (a 30% match):
"Hello It's amazing meeting someone like you. Your profile caught my eye as I was searching the site and would like to meet you. As I read about you in the profile, I was taken with your words, openness, sincerity, and personality. When I looked at your photo, I could feel the sensitivity of your heart. My name is Richard...I am very down to earth, have a great personality, love to make people laugh and smile. I love family, children, traveling, music, dancing, art, sports, theater, and most importantly, I am a hopeless romantic. I love to show a woman how special and important she is to me. I would love to hear back from you. Distance and relocation is not a problem for me. I believe if I want to truly meet my soul mate, I cannot limit myself to a geographic area. What matters is Trust and Honesty and a relationship begin on a basic foundation of friendship with trust and i want you to know that i am looking for true love.What I'm searching for is a woman who'll stand by me who will walk through the fire and be my flame in the night.Oh and I won't settle for less then what I deserve a friend and a lover who will love me for the rest of my life. I have much to give and am looking for a relationship that will offer a best friend first, then ultimately a passionate future. I am single currently and I'm living alone . They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but when i saw yours, i was speechless. Tell me about yourself in your email to me .You can add me to your messenger..My yahoo IM is ------- and you can also email me ( at --------@yahoo.com ). Hope to hear from you soon. Or text me on ------------------"
I re-enabled my OKCupid account about two or three months ago, live in a city with over 8 million people, and this is the crap I get sent to me. Where are the quality guys with brains?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 03-01-2014 at 06:56 PM.