View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaduhwin View Post
I've realized my unsatisfaction. And in multiple occasions expressed these thoughts to him, to which he promised he'd make the effort to see me more (hasn't happened). Realizing that the situation would not get better because I have a habit of feeling neglected, I have attempted to end it. And have failed each time since he believes that I can overcome these insecure emotions so long as I tried. That I am ridiculous for wanting a monogamous relationship because humans are not monogamous creatures by nature. Basically, he refuses to let the relationship end.
I really don't understand how someone can prevent you from breaking up with them. No one who ever broke up with me stuck around just because I didn't want it to end. You are unhappy, dissatisfied, and clearly don't want to be in this situation, so grow a backbone and stand up for yourself. Tell him never to contact you again, and block his number. Simple and straightforward.

To me, his refusal to end it sounds more like you're a prize that he gets to keep, and less that he actually loves you. If someone loves you, truly, they want you to be happy even if it means without them.

Plus, "Pick Up Artists" are generally selfish, inconsiderate buffoons who have absolutely zero respect for women, so why would you want to be with a guy like that? DTMFA!!!!

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/

Last edited by nycindie; 03-01-2014 at 05:20 PM.