View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 11:21 PM

I am on the "girl" side of this. I'm mono. I work with someone who I assumed was gay as he was married to a man, and they had been together for 13 years before we met. Turns out, he is bi, and was attracted to me. We have now been together for 10 months. I have not yet met his husband as he lives in another state, but I feel compersion for him, and when they are together (like this weekend) I am okay. I know they love each other. I know my boyfriend loves me. I know I love him. Their relationship is not going to subsume or take away from my relationship with him. On the other hand, the only two "rules" we have are that there can be no other girls, and we have to have private, us-only time every week. The only way I am okay with not being the "only one" is because I have female sexual characteristics, and I give him something he cannot get from his other partner. If I was asked to be one of many other women, I couldn't do it. The emotional sharing is harder for me than the sexual sharing.