View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreHere View Post
So, after a few emails and a phone conversation with P, it's all talked over and put to bed. I think that's the quickest we've resolved an issue in, oh, ever. Is there some odd poly award for "group conflict resolution"? I think we may qualify.
So. Done. <Brushes hands off on pants>

Next?
Woo-hoo! Good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreHere View Post
... I've determined to just ask to head upstairs to bed when I need to (rather than wait everyone else and the rest of the night out)... and we cleared up the whole stay-or-go thing pretty quickly and cleanly. She'll make it clear when/if she wants to stay, and I'll just point-blank ASK if it seems to be heading that way. We all waited around for cues from everyone else, which obviously weren't coming because everyone else was waiting too.
This is, for me, a VERY important step! I'm pretty much a hermit - I like my routines and quiet time. I get antsy if I feel compelled to play hostess (or guest) for an extended time. If any of us are close enough to someone (friend or partner) that they are spending a significant amount of time in my home - then I want them to be free to "make themselves at home" (you don't need to "ask permission" to eat/sleep/drink/bathe/watch TV/read a book/play music/do your laundry/etc.).
Lotus: poly bi married female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe