View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 02:18 AM

For me, the idea of knowing too many details makes me uncomfortable (at least in the early stages). Even now, I have no interest in knowing how many times Dude has sex with Lotus when they are together...I just want to know that they both had a good time and are happy with how their relationship is proceeding. (And the reason I want to know even that much is because I am friends with/involved with her as well, as is MrS - so there are multiple levels of caring involved - I want everyone to be happy/satisfied on many fronts.)

Maybe you need to step back a bit. NOT know when/how many times they have sex. Ask him not to "overshare" - so you are not tempted to compete. Focus on your relationship with him - are you satisfied? Are you getting the attention (physical, emotional, intellectual, etc.) that YOU need? If not, then ask for what you want explicitly (for yourself - not in relation to what she is getting).

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
TT: poly male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe